When you need professional care with the comfort of home, our Child Development Homes (CDH) are here to help. CDH Providers are self-employed individuals operating a child care business in their own home and often have previous early childhood education experience. They undergo regular inspections and receive ongoing programming support and extensive training – exactly like our Child Development Centers. They’re here to promote overall social, emotional, cognitive, and physical growth – all while building school readiness skills.
We Need You! Become a CDH Provider!
- Potentially earn between $48k to $69k annually, while staying at home!
- Access to free training, monthly support, and lending library supplies.
- Paid federal holidays.
- Free advertisement, free accreditation.
- Subsidized USDA food program.
- Applicants age 18 years and older, all levels of education (high school graduate or GED min.).
NEW CDH PROVIDER APPLICATION FORM
Please download the form below, complete it and email the form to
After receiving your completed form, a CDH team member will contact you within 24 to 48 hours.
Types of Care Provided
CDHs offers a variety of flexible child care options to support the unique needs of Navy families.
- Full- or part-time care for children ages 6 weeks to 12 years
- Emergency care (emergency deployment, natural disasters, etc.)
- Respite care
- Hourly care
- Extended hours, including nights and weekends
CDH Providers offer a variety of care and services depending on the needs of the installation.
Parent fees may be based on the Navy’s fee policy and sliding scale, or you may decide to enter a private pay agreement with the Provider and negotiate your fee. Check with your local CYP to find out which option is available.
Curriculum & Assessment
CDH Providers are trained on developmentally appropriate practices and required to use a developmentally appropriate curriculum. In addition, we support Providers' professional growth and development through ongoing assessments and quality improvement plans.
Accreditation & Certification
CDH Providers must demonstrate annually that they meet all of the Navy certification requirements before they are approved to operate a CDH.
All certified CDH Providers are eligible and encouraged to obtain accreditation through the National Association for Family Child Care.
For questions and comments about this location, please click here.