The Riverview Aquatics center offers six-lane lap swimming daily and can accommodate Command training and PFA schedules by reservation. We also offer family/open swim on Mondays, Wednesday, and Fridays from 3:30 to 6 p.m. We offer swim lessons for the children and adults to learn to swim by certified swim instructors. We are also equipped with men and women locker rooms and a sauna to enjoy after your swim.
NSA Hampton Roads Fitness Centers offers Youth Fitness Orientations. The orientation will allow eligible youth the privilege of using the fitness center with a parent or guardian. A download is available on this page for more information.
Facility and command reservation are available. Click the link below to make your reservation.Facility and Command Reservations
NSA HR – Portsmouth MWR Aquatics 2024 swim lessons for all ages and skill levels. Lessons begin in January. The cost to participate is $40 per session for group lessons. Private lessons are $100 for one person or $150 for two people. Adult/teen and active duty swim test skills classes are free for active duty military. All classes meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Beginner swimmers are just starting out or have not passed the MWR Swim Test. Advanced swimmers have passed the MWR swim test and are improving their skills and techniques. If you are unsure of the level for your child, then one of our MWR Aquatics Staff at Riverview Aquatics Center would be happy to give a swim test during business hours.
- October Session – October 10 through October 26
- March Session – March 5 through March 21
- April Session – April 23 through May 9
- May Session - May 21 through June 6
- June Session - June 11 through June 27
- July Session - July 9 through July 25
- August Session – July 30 through August 15
Types of Lessons:
- Group lessons include six classes per session.
- Private lessons and active duty swim test skills include four classes per session (30 minutes each session). These are offered year-round based on instructor availability.
- Preschool - Beginner (Ages 3 to 5)
- Preschool - Advanced (Ages 3 to 5)
- School Age - Beginner (Ages 6 to 12)
- School Age - Advanced (Ages 6 to 12)
- Adult / Teen (Ages 13 and older)
Click the link below to register for swim lessons.Swim Lesson Registration
How are we doing? We value your feedback and would like to hear from you.