Social Security Administration ("Social Security: With You Through Life's Journey" - Retirement 101)
Monday, November 1, 2021 from 12 to 1:30 p.m.
This webinar will answer:
• When are you eligible to receive retirement benefits?
• How does early retirement affect your benefits?
• Do you qualify for disability, survivors, and spouse benefits?
• How do you get the most from your benefits?
• What is the future of social security?
• When should you file for Medicare?
Learn how to use my Social Security online account and other online services.
Classroom Link: https://zeiders.adobeconnect.com/virtretiresummit1/
Defense Finance Accounting Service (DFAS) Pre-Retirement Webinar
Tuesday, November 2, 2021 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
In this webinar, we will go over what you need to know as a retiree regarding Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS). How to complete a DD 2656 that provides banking and mailing address, arrears of beneficiary election, federal and state withholding, lump sum payments, SBP, and BRS elections. Information will be provided on VA compensation, how to make changes after retirement and how it affects retired pay. The Webinar will also discuss the restoration of retirement pay, Concurrent Retirement Disability Pay (CRDP), Combat-Related Special Compensation (CRSC) and how to communicate with DFAS with any pay related issues or concerns.
Classroom Link: https://zeiders.adobeconnect.com/virtretiresummitdfas/
Veteran Affairs (VA Benefits 101 Webinar)
Tuesday, November 2, 2021 from 1:30 to 3 p.m.
This webinar will provide information on the following:
• Benefit eligibility and separation of documents
• VA healthcare
• Education benefits
• Forever G.I. bill
• Home loan guaranty program
• Survivor benefits
• Plus much more VA benefits information
Classroom Link: https://zeiders.adobeconnect.com/virtretireesummitva101/
TRICARE (Transitioning from Active Duty to Retirement Briefing)
Wednesday, November 3, 2021 from 12 to 1:30 p.m.
An overview of TRICARE options available to active duty service members and their families when transitioning from active duty to retirement. The briefing includes details about preparing for retirement, TRICARE program options, and TRICARE benefit information. Contact information is also provided.
Classroom Link: https://zeiders.adobeconnect.com/virtretireesummittricare/
TRICARE (Using TRICARE and Medicare Briefing)
Thursday, November 4, 2021 from 12 to 1:30 p.m.
An overview of TRICARE and Medicare for dual-eligible beneficiaries. The briefing includes details about TRICARE, TRICARE and Medicare eligibility, TRICARE For Life, TRICARE program options, and other important information. Contact information is also provided.
Classroom Link: https://zeiders.adobeconnect.com/virtretireesummittricarelife/
Social Security Administration ("Social Security Benefits for People with Disabilities - Everything you Wanted to Know")
Friday, November 5, 2021, from 12 to 1:30 p.m.
• Information about disability benefits and the disability application process
• How to use your my Social Security online account and other online services.
• What are Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Benefits and how do you qualify?
• What do you need to report when you receive SSI?
• What other Social Security programs are available, and who qualifies?
Classroom Link: https://zeiders.adobeconnect.com/virtretireesummitssa/